Stories That Make An Impact
(a) are inspired by social injustices on which she reported during her career as a broadcast journalist, such as global terrorism, war in Africa, police brutality, political corruption and the exploitation of natural resources.
(b) are hugely marketable because they:
- are based on high concepts (and usually true stories)
- have a gripping opening
- always feature compelling characters
- are full of complex, subtextual dialogue
- have an impactful ending
Her directing skills are further enhanced by her experience in various production roles on short films and corporate videos: editor (Final Cut Pro), camera operator, sound editor, sound recordist, boom operator, casting director, production manager, first assistant director.
You Benefit From Worldwide Experience
Film director and screenwriter Fiona Ashe has:
- taken extensive training in Ireland, the UK and the US
- won awards for directing and screenwriting
- screened movies in international festivals
- secured distribution for her films
- Shades of Gray won the Best Film Noir Award at the New York International Independent Film & Video Festival 2003.
- Rapunzel – The Blonde Years commissioned under the Irish Film Board’s Virtual Cinema Scheme and is a viral hit on the scheme’s YouTube channel.
- Fiona Ashe holds a Diploma in Advanced Film Directing from the New York Film Academy.
Renowned Filmmakers Endorse Her
“I was immediately impressed with Fiona Ashe’s background, experience and skills as well as the depth and importance of her projects. Her films are stunning, especially Shades of Gray. She is dedicated to telling stories that matter, that will make a difference.”
– Mark W. Travis, Acting Coach on The Young Messiah; Author of The Film Director’s Bag of Tricks.
“Shades of Gray was very good. It was very well directed.”
– Jim Sheridan, Oscar-nominated filmmaker, My Left Foot.
“Fiona Ashe has created a gem that reeks of the atmosphere of New York in the dead of night, a time when people die and others seek revenge.”
– Peter Sheridan, award-winning writer/director, Borstal Boy.
“Fiona is a working professional with a great understanding of the complexities of making a good film. She has the abilities to be a key member of any creative team.”
– Bruce Block, LA Co-Producer, What Women Want.
“Fiona Ashe is a rising star … one to watch.”
– Edwina Forkin, executive producer, Sanctuary.
“I can certainly vouch for her talent as a writer/director … a talent to watch.”
– David Gleeson, award-winning writer/director, The Front Line.
Teamwork to Dream Work
If you also seek to make impactful films, click here to contact Fiona Ashe to:
- produce her high concept, marketable film & TV dramas
- start a creative collaboration on a new project
- hire her as a director on your projects