A great story well told resonates with viewers all over the world. I create thrillers about social injustice which aim to generate discussion about and action on important global issues.
I have the ultimate respect for screenwriting as a craft so I trained to the highest level on The ProSeries Professional Screenwriting Program delivered by Los Angeles company ScreenwritingU.
Quarterfinalist, Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting 2016
Synopsis for Cracks In The Ice – inspired by actual events
In 1999, Lexie Turner, a daring New York journalist, haunted by her failure to save a girl from rape and murder during the Rwandan genocide, returns to Africa – this time to war-torn Sierra Leone – in the hope of breaking a society-changing story to purge her guilt. She discovers the corrupt, megalomaniac President of neighboring Liberia is brutalizing Sierra Leone’s population and stealing blood diamonds to fund a major terror attack against the US. To silence Lexie permanently, the President lays a lethal trap by kidnapping her cameraman’s 10-year-old daughter. Lexie must choose between risking her life to save the girl or breaking the story to save her country.
Endorsement of Cracks in The Ice
“Such a powerful and disturbing story. So brutal, heartless and upsetting. But a great story and one certainly worth telling!” – Mark W. Travis, Acting Coach on The Young Messiah; Author of The Film Director’s Bag of Tricks.
Click here to read about more awards for – and endorsements of – Cracks In The Ice.
Fiona Ashe – Screenwriting & Script Editing Training/Experience
- Graduate of The ProSeries Professional Screenwriting Program, ScreenwritingU, Los Angeles.
- Graduate of The Professional Rewrite Class, ScreenwritingU, Los Angeles.
- Graduate of Writing The Profound Screenplay, ScreenwritingU, Los Angeles.
- Graduate of The Mini-Movie Method, ScreenwritingU, Los Angeles.
- Screenwriting Masterclasses taught by Robert Towne, Chinatown and Paul Schrader, Taxi Driver.
- Graduate of Mythological Archetypes in Screenwriting. Tutor: Dara Marks.
- Graduate of BBC Script Editing, London. Tutor: Philip Shelley.
- Graduate of Script Reading Training, The Script Factory (UK) / Northern Ireland Screen.
- Employed as a (part-time) Script Reader, Northern Ireland Screen (2013–14)
To engage my script editing skills to help elevate your screenplay, click here to contact me for a no-obligation quotation.